Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: As I journey thro' the land singing as I go

And they shall see his face, and his name shall be on their foreheads. Rev. 22:4
1.  As I journey thro' the land singing as I go
    Pointing souls to calvary-to the crimson flow,
    Many arrows pierce my soul from without, within;
    But my Lord leads me on, through him I must win

    Oh, I want to see Him, look upon His face
    There to sing for ever of His saving grace
    On the streets of glory let me lift my voice;
    Cares all past, home at last, ever to rejoice.

2. When in service for my Lord, dark may be the night
    But I'll cling more close to him, He will give me light
    Satan's snares may vex my soul, turn My thought aside;
    But my Lord goes ahead, leads what'er betide

3. When in valleys low I look towards the mountain height,
    And behold my Saviour there, leading in the fight.
    With a tender hand outreached
    Towards the valley low,
    Guiding me, I can see, as I onward go.

4. When before me billows rise from the mighty deep,
    Then my Lord directs my barque,
    He doth safely keep,
    And He leads me gently on through
    This world below,
    He's a real Friend to me, oh, I Love Him so.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Ninu irin ajo mi beni mo nkorin

Nwon o si ma ri oju Re; Oruko Re yo Si wa ni iwaju Ifi 22:4

1. Ninu irin ajo mi beni mo nkorin   
   Mo ntoka si Kalfari s’ibi eje na   
   Idanwo lode ninu l’ota gbe dide   
   Jesu l’O nto mi lo isegun daju 

A! mo nfe ri Jesu, Ki nma w' oju Re     
Ki nma korin titi, nipa ore Re      
Ni ilu ogo ni ki gbohun soke  
Pe mo bo, ija tan, mo de ile mi 


2. Ninu ise isin mi, b’okunkun ba su
   Un o tubo sunmo Jesu y'O tan imole
   Esu le gb’ ogun ti mi ki nle sa pada
   Jesu l’o nto mi lo, ko s’ewu fun mi.

3. Bi mo tile bo sinu afonifoju
   Imole itoni Re y'o mole si mi
   Y'o na owo Re si mi, y'O gbe mi soke
   Uno ma tesiwaju b’O ti nto mi lo.

4. Nigbati igbi aye yi ba nyi lu mi
   Mo ni abo t'o daju labe apa Re     
   Y'O ma f’owo Re to mi titi de opin     
   Ore ododo ni, A! mo ti f’E to     
Amin.

Composed by R. H. Cornelius