Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: I'm pressing on the upward way

Lead me to rock that is higher than I. Ps.61:2

1.  I'm pressing on the upward way,
    New height I'm gaining every day
    Still praying as I onward bound
    Lord, plant my feet on higher ground

Chorus:
    Lord, lift me up and let me stand
    By faith on heaven's table land
    A higher plane than I have found
    Lord, plant my feet on higher ground

2. My heart has no desire to stay
    Where doubts arise and fears dismay
    Tho' some may dwell where these abound
    My pray'r my aim is higher ground

3. I want to live above the world
    Tho' satan's darts at me are hurl'd
    For faith has caught the joyful sound
    The song of saints on higher ground

4. I want to scale the utmost height
    And catch a gleam of glory bright
    But still I'll pray till heav'n I've found
    Lord, lead me on to higher ground.

5. Lord lift me to the upward way
    I cannot get there without Thee,
    Lord lead me to the heav'nly found,
    And sing my song from higher ground.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Mo ntesiwaju l'ona na

Fa mi lo si Apata ti o ga ju mi lo – O.D. 61:2 

1. Mo ntesiwaju l'ona na   
   Mo ngoke si lojojumo 
   Mo gbadura bi mo ti nlo   
   Oluwa jo gbe mi soke,

Oluwa, jo gbe mi soke 
Fa mi lo si ibi giga  
Apata t’o ga ju mi lo  
Oluwa jo gbe mi soke.  

2. Ife okan mi ko duro
   Larin 'yemeji at'eru
   Awon miran le ma gbe be
   Ibi giga l'okan mi nfe

3. Mo fe ki nga ju aye lo
   B'esu tile ngbogun ti mi
   Mo nfi gbagbo gbo orin na
   Ti awon mimo nko loke.

4. Mo fe de 'bi giga julo
   Ninu ogo didan julo
   Mo ngbadura ki nle de be
   Oluwa mu mi de 'le na.

5. Fa mi lo si ibi giga
   Laisi Re nko ni le de ‘be
   Fa mi titi d' oke orun
   Ki nkorin lati ‘ibi giga.
Amin.

Composed by Johnson Oatman Jr.