Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus

If thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God. John.11:40

1. 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
   Just to take Him at His word:
   Just to rest upon His promise:
   Just to know, 'Thus saith the Lord.

   Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
   How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
   Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
   O for grace to trust Him more!


2. O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
   Just to trust His cleansing blood;
   Just in simple faith to plunge me
   'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

3. Yes, ‘tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
   Just from sin and self to cease;
   Just from Jesus simply taking
   Life and rest, and joy and peace.

4. I'm so glad I learn'd to trust Thee
   Precious Jesus, Saviour, Friend;
   And I know that Thou art with me,
   Wilt be with me to the end.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: B’o ti dun lati gba Jesu

Bi iwo ba gbagbo, iwo o ri ogo Olorun. Jn. 11:40

1. B’o ti dun lati gba Jesu
   Gbo gegebi oro Re;
   K’a simi lor’ ileri Re,
   Sa gbagbo l’Oluwa wi

Jesu, Jesu, emi gbagbo,
Mo gbekele n’gbagbogbo,
Jesu, Jesu, Alabukun
Ki nle gbekele O si.


2. B’o ti dun lati gba Jesu,
   K’a gb’eje ‘wenumo Re
   Igbagbo ni ki a fi bo
   Sin ‘eje wenumo na.

3. B’o ti dun lati gba Jesu,
   Ki nk’ara ese sile,
   Ki ngb’ayo, iye, isimi
   Lati odo Jesu mi.

4. Mo yo mo gbeke mi le O,
   Jesu mi, Alabukun;
   Mo mo pe O wa pelu mi,
   Ntoju mi titi dopin.
Amin.

Composed by: Louisa M. R. Stead