Hymn Version

ENGLISH LYRICS: I want to be like Jesus

Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart. Matt.11:29

1.  I want to be like Jesus,
    So lowly and so meek,
    For no one marked an angry word
    That ever heard Him speak.

2. I want to be like Jesus,
    So frequently in prayer;
    Alone upon the mountain-top,
    He met His Father there.

3. I want to be like Jesus,
    I never, never find
    That He, though persecuted, was
    To any one unkind.

4. I want to be like Jesus,
    Engaged in doing good,
    So that of me it may be said,
    "She hath done what she could."

5. I want to be like Jesus,
    Who sweetly said to all,
    "Let little children come to Me."
    I would obey the call.

6. But oh, I'm not like Jesus,
    As any one may see;
    Then, gentle Saviour, send Thy Grace,
    And make me like to Thee.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu


E si ma ko eko lodo mi, nitori oninu tutu ati onirele okan li emi. Mat. 11:29

1. Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu
   Ninu Iwa pele;
   Ko s’eni t’o gb' oro ‘binu
   L’enu Re lekan ri.

2. Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu
   L’adura ‘gba gbogbo;
   Lori oke ni On nikan
   Lo pade Baba Re.

3. Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu
   Emi ko ri ka pe;
   Bi nwon ti korira Re to
   Ko s’enikan ni ‘bi.

4. Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu
   Ninu ise rere;
   K’a le wi nipa t’emi pe;
   “O se ‘won t’o le se.

5. Mo fe ki ndabi Jesu
   T’o f’iyonu wipe,
   “Je k’Omode wa s’odo mi”
   Mo fe je ipe Re

6. Sugbon nko dabi Jesu,
   O si han gbangba be;
   Jesu fun mi l’ore-ofe,
   Se mi, ki ndabi Re.
Amin.

TONIC SOLFA

Key: D Major

d/m:f:s:s/l:-s/s/d:t:l:l/s:-:/
d/m:f:s:s/l:l:s/d/f:m:r:r/d:-/

Composed by: Thomas O. Chisholm