Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: I heard the voice of Jesus say

Incline your ear and come unto me. Isa 55:3

1.  I heard the voice of Jesus say,
     Come unto Me and rest;
     Lay down, thou weary one, lay down
     Thy head upon My breast!
     I came to Jesus as I was,
     Weary, and worn, and sad;
     I found in Him a resting-place,
     And He has made me glad.

2. I heard the voice of Jesus say,
     Behold, I freely give
     The living water; thirsty one,
     Stoop down and drink, and live!
     I came to Jesus, and I drank
     Of that life-giving stream;
     My thirst was quenched, my soul revived,
     And now I live in Him.

3. I heard the voice of Jesus say,
     I am this dark world's Light;
     Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise,
     And all thy day be bright!
     I looked to Jesus, and I found
     In Him my Star, my Sun;
     And in that light of life I'll walk
     Till trav'lling days are done.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Mo gb’ohun Jesu t’o wipe

E teti lele, ki e si wa sodo mi. Isa. 55:3.

1. Mo gb’ohun Jesu t’o wipe,
   Wa simi lodo Mi;
   ‘Wo alare, gbe ori re
   Le okan-aya Mi!
   N’nu are on ibinuje,
   Ni mo to Jesu wa;
   Lodo Re, mo r’ibi-’simi,
   On si mu ‘nu mi dun.

2. Mo gb’ohun Jesu to wipe,
   Iwo ti ongbe ngbe,
   Uno f'omi ‘ye fun o l’ofe
   Bere, mu, ko si ye!
   Mo to Jesu wa, mo si mu
   N’nu omi iye na;
   Okan mi tutu, o soji,
   Mo d’alaye n’nu Re

3. Mo gb’ohun Jesu to wipe,
   Mole aye l’Emi;
   Wo mi, orun re yo si la,
   Ojo re yo dara
   Mo wa Jesu n’nu Re mo ri
   ‘Rawo at’ Orun mi;
   N’nu’ mole Re l’emi yo rin
   Tit’ ajo mi yo pin.
Amin

Composed by ‎Horatius Bonar