Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: When I survey the wondrous Cross

But God forbid that I should glory except in the Cross of our lord Jesus Christ. Gal.6:14

1.  When I survey the wondrous Cross
    On which the prince of Glory died,
    My richest gain l count but loss,
    And pour contempt on all my pride.

2. Forbid it, Lord, that l should boast
    Save in the death of Christ, my God;
    All the vain things that charm me most
    Sacrifice them to His blood.

3. See from His head, His hands, His Feet,
    Sorrow and love flow mingled down;
    Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,
    Or thorns compose so rich a crow?

4. Where the whole realm of nature mine,
    That were an offering far too small;
    Love so amazing, so divine,
    Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Gbati mo ri agbelebu

Sugbon ki a mase ri pe, emi nsogo Biko se ninu agbelebu Jesu Kristi Oluwa wa. Gal. 6:14

1. “Gbati mo ri agbelebu
   Ti a kan Oba Ogo mo
   Mo ka gbogbo oro s’ofo
   Mo kegan gbogbo ogo mi.

2. K’a mase gbo pe mo nhale
   B’o ye n’iku Oluwa mi
   Gbogbo nkan asan ti mo fe
   Mo da sile fun eje Re

3. Wo, lat’ ori, owo, ese
   B’ikanu at’ ife ti nsan;
   ‘Banuje at’ ife papo,
   A fegun se ade ogo

4. Gbogbo aye ‘baje t’emi.
   Ebun abere ni fun mi;
   Ife nla ti nyanilenu
   Gba gbogbo okan, emi mi.
Amin.
Composed by Isaac Watts