Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: No, not despairingly

For thy name's sake, O Lord pardon my sin. Ps.25:11

1.  No, not despairingly
    Come I to Thee,
    No, not distrustingly
    Bend I the knee,
    Sin hath gone over me,
    Yet is this still my plea
    Yet is this still my plea
    Jesus hath died.

2. Ah! Mine iniquity
    Crimson has been,
    Infinite, infinite,
    Sin upon sin,
    Sin of not loving Thee,
    Sin of not trusting Thee
    Sin of not trusting Thee,
    Infinite sin.

3. Lord, I confess to Thee
    Sadly my sin,
    All I am tell I Thee
    All I have been
    Purge Thou my sin away
    Wash Thou my soul this day;
    Wash Thou my soul this day
    Lord, make me clean.

4. Faithful and just art Thou,
    Forgiving all;
    Low at Thy pierced feet
    Saviour I fall
    Lord, let the cleansing blood,
    Blood of the Lamb of God,
    Blood of the Lamb of God,
    Pass o'er my soul.

5. Then all is peace and light
    This soul within;
    Thus shall I walk with Thee,
    The loved Unseen;
    Leaning on Thee, my God,
    Guided along the road,
    Guided along the road,
    Nothing between
Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Ki ‘sel’aini ‘reti 

Nitori oruko Re, dari ese miji. OD. 25:11

1. Ki ‘sel’aini ‘reti 
   Ni mo to ‘wa 
   Ki’se laini’gbagbo 
   Ni mo kunle, 
   Ese ti g’ ori mi 
   Eyi sa l’ebe mi, 
   Eyi sa l’ebe mi, 
   Jesu ti ku. 

2. A! Ese ni ipo ju, 
   O pon koka 
   Ada le, ada le 
   Ni mond’ese; 
   Ese aiferan Re 
   Ese aigba O gbo, 
   Ese aigbo O gbo, 
   Ese nlanla. 

3. Oluwa, mo jewo 
   Ese nla mi, 
   'O mo bi mo ti ri, 
   Bi mo ti wa; 
   Jo, we ese mi nu, 
   K’okan mi mo loni, 
   K’okan mi mo loni, 
   Ki ndi mimo. 

4. Olododo ni O, 
   O ndariji 
   L’ese agbelebu 
   Ni mo wole; 
   Jek’eje iwenu 
   Eje od’agutan, 
   Eje od’agutan, 
   We okan mi. 

5. ‘Gbana alafia 
   Y’o d’okan jni, 
   ‘Gbana uno ba 0 rin, 
   Ore airi; 
   Ore airi; 
   Em’ o f’ara ti O; 
   Jo ma to mi s'ona, 
   Jo ma to mi s’ona, 
   Titi aye. 
Amin.

Composed by ‎Horatius Bonar