Hymn


ENGLISH LYRICS: O happy day that fixed my choice

And whose trusted in the Lord happy is he Prov.16:20

1.  O happy day that fixed my choice
   On Thee, my Saviour and my God!
   Well may this glowing heart rejoice,
   And tell its rapture all abroad.

   Happy day! Happy day!
   When Jesus washed my sins away
   He taught me how to watch and pray.
   And live rejoicing every day;
   Happy day! Happy day!
   When Jesus washed my sins away.


2. Tis done, the great transaction's done!
   I am my Lord's and He is mine;
   He drew me, and I followed on.
   Charmed to confess the voice divine.

3. O happy bond that seals my vows
   To Him who merits all my love!
   Let cheerful anthems fill His house,
   While to that sacred shrine move.

4. Now rest, my long divided heart;
   Fixed on this blissful centre rest:
   Nor ever from thy Lord depart,
   With Him of every good possessed.

5. High heav'n that heard the solemn vow,
   That vow renewed shall daily hear,
   Till in life's latest hour I bow,
   And bless in death a bond so dear.
Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Ojo nla l’ojo ti mo yan

Eni ti o si gbekele Oluwa, ibukun ni fun. Owe 16:20.

1. Ojo nla l’ojo ti mo yan
   Olugbala l’Olorun mi;
   O ye ki okan mi ma yo,
   K’o si ro ihin na kale

Ojo nla l’ojo na
Ti Jesu we ese mi nu;
O ko mi ki nma gbadura
Ki nma sora, ki nsi ma yo,
Ojo nla l’ojo na
Ti Jesu we ese mi nu.


2. Ise igbala pari na,
   Mo di t’Oluwa mi loni;
   On l’o pe mi, ti mo si je,
   Mo f’ayo j’ipe mimo na.

3. Eje mimo yi ni mo je
   F’eni to ye lati feran:
   Je k’orin didun kun ‘le RE
   Nigba mo ba nlo sin nibe

4. Simi, aiduro okan mi,
   Simi le Jesu Oluwa;
   Tani je wipe aye dun,
   Ju odo awon angeli?

5. ‘Wo orun t o ngbo eje mi,
   Y’o ma tun gbo lojojumo,
   Tit’ ojo t’emi mi y’o pin
   Ni uno ma m’eje mi na se
Amin.

TONIC SOLFA

Key: G Major

s.d:r/m:-s.d:r/m:-m.f.m/
r:-d.m.r/d:-/s:d:r/
m:-s.d:r/m:-m.f.m/r:- d:m:r:d:-


chrs:
m.f/s:-d.r/
s:-:d.r/m:-m.f.m/r:-d.m.r/
d:-/s.s:s/s/s:-s:l.s/m:-s.s.s/
s:-s.l.s/m:-/.m.f/
s:-:d.,r/m:m.f.m/r:-d.m.r/
d:-//


Composed by: Philip Doddridge