Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: Begone, unbelief

Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. Joh.20:29

1.  Begone, unbelief,
    My Saviour is near,
    And for my relief
    Will surely appear:
    By pray'r let me wrestle,
    And He will perform;
    With Christ in the vessels,
    I smile at the storm.

2. Though dark be my way.
    Since he is my Guide,
    'Tis mine to obey,
    'Tis His to provide;
    Though cisterns be broken,
    And creatures all fail,
    The word He hath spoken
    Shall surely prevail.

3. His love, in time past
    Forbids me to think
    He'll leave me at last
    In trouble to sink:
    Each sweet Ebenezer
    I have in review
    Confirms His good pleasure
    To help me quit through.

4. Why should I complain
    Of want or distress,
    Temptation or pain?
    He told me no less;
    The heirs of salvation,
    I know from His Word
    Through much tribulation
    Must follow their lord.

5. How bitter that cup
    No heart can conceive,
    Which He drank quit up,
    That sinners might live!
    His way was much rougher
    And darker than mine;
    Did Christ, my lord, suffer,
    And shall I repine?

6. Since all that I meet
    Shall work for my good,
    The bitter is sweet,
    The medicine, food,
    Though painful at long present
    'Twill cease before long,
    ff And then-oh, how pleasant
    The conqueror's song!

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Aigbagbo bila! Temi l’Oluwa

Alabukun fun li awon ti ko ri mi ti won si gbagbo. Jn. 20:29.

1. Aigbagbo bila! Temi l’Oluwa
   Oun O si dide fun igbala mi;
   Ki nsa ma gbadura, Oun O se ‘ranwo,
   ‘Gba Krist’ wa lodo mi ifoya ko si.

2. B’ona mi ba su, Oun l’O sa nto mi,
   Ki nsa gboran sa, Oun o si pese;
   Bi iranlowo eda gbogbo saki,
   Oro t’enu Re so, yo bori dandan.

3. Ife t’O fi han ko je ki nro pe
   Y’O fi mi sile ninu wahala;
   Iranwo ti mo si nri lojojumo,
   O nki mi l’aya pe, emi o la ja.

4. Emi o se kun ‘tori iponju,
   Tabi irora, O ti so tele,
   Mo m’oro Re p’awon ajogun ‘gbala,
   Won ko le sai koja larin wahala.

5. Eda ko le so kikoro ago
   T’Olugbala mu k’elese le ye;
   Aye Re tile buru ju temi lo;
   Jesu ha le jiya, kemi si ma sa?

6. Nje b’ohun gbogbo ti nsise ire,
   Fun awon to duro de Oluwa,
   B’ oni tile koro, sa ko ni pe mo,
   ‘Gba na orin’segun yi o ti dun to?
Amin.

Composed by: John Newton