Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: How sweet the name of Jesus sounds

Thy name is like ointment poured forth S.Sol.1:3

1.  How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
    In a beliver's ear!
    It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
    And drives away his fear.

2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
    And calms the troubled breast;
    'Tis manna to the hungry soul,
    And to the weary rest.

3. Dear name! The Rock on which I build,
    My shield, and hiding place,
    My never failing treasury, fill'd
    With boundless store of grace!

4. Jesus, my shepherd, Brother, friend,
    My prophet, Priest, and king,
    My lord, my life, my way, my End,
    Accept the praise I bring.

5. Weak is the effort of my heart,
    And cold my warmest though;
    But when I see Thee as Thou art
    I'll praise Thee as I ought.

6. Till then I would Thy love proclaim
    With every fleeting breath;
    And may the music of Thy name
    Refresh my soul in death.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: B’oruko Jesu ti dun to L’eti onigbagbo

Oruko Re dabi ikunra ti a tu jade. O. Sol. 1:3. 

1. B’oruko Jesu ti dun to
   L’eti onigbagbo;
   O tan ‘banuje on ogbe,
   O le eru re lo.

2. O wo okan t’o gb’ogbe, san,
   O mu aya bale;
   Manna ni fun okan ebi,
   Isimi f’alare.

3. Apata ti mo kole le,
   Ibi isadi mi
   Ile isura mi t’o kun
   F’opo ore-ofe

4. Jesu, oko mi, ore mi,
   Woli mi, Oba mi,
   Alufa mi, Oba iye,
   Gba orin iyin mi.

5. Ailera l’agbara 'nu mi;
   Tutu si l’ero mi,
   'Gba mo ba ri O b’O ti ri,
   Uno yin O b’o ti ye.

6. Tit’ igba na, ni ohun mi
   Y’o ma royin ‘ fe Re;
   Nigba iku k’oruko Re
   F’itura f'okan mi.
Amin.

Composed by: John Newton