Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS: Jerusalem, My happy home

And showed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem. Rev. 21:1

1. Jerusalem, My happy home,
    Name ever dear to me!
    When shall my labours have an end,
    In joy, and peace, and thee?
    When shall these eyes thy heav'n built walls
    And pearly gates behold,
    Thy bulwarks with salvation strong
    And streets of shining gold?

2. There happier bowers than Eden's bloom,
    Nor sin nor sorrow know.
    Blest seats, through rude and stormy scenes.
    I onward press to you.
   Why should I shrink at pain and woe,
    Or feel at death dismay?
    I've Canaan's goodly land in view,
    And realms of endless day.

3. Apostles, martyrs, prophet there
    Around my Saviour stand
    And soon my friends in Christ below
    Will join the glorious band.
    Jerusalem, my happy home,
    My soul still pants for thee!
    Then shall my labours have an end
    When I thy joys shall see.

Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS: Jerusalemu, Ibi ayo

O si fi ilu nla han mi Jerusalemu mimo Ifi. 21 10

1. Jerusalemu, Ibi ayo,
   T’o se owon fun mi,
   ‘Gbawo n’ise mi o pari
   L’ayo l’alafia
   ‘Gbawo ni oju mi y’o ri
   Enu 'bode pearl re?
   Odi Re t ‘o le fun ‘gbala,
   Ita wura didun

2. Ogba ti o ju Eden lo,
   Ibi ko si ni be;
   Ilu ayo, mo nlepa re
   Larin iji aye.
   Ese t’emi o ko iya.
   Iku ati iponju
   Mo nwo ile rere Kenan’
   Ile mole titi.

3. Aposteli, martyr, woli
   Won y’Olugbala ka;
   Awa tikarawa fere
   Dapo mo ogun na.
   Jerusalem, ilu ayo,
   Okan mi nfa si o;
   ‘Gbati mo ba ri ayo re,
   Ise mi y’o pari.
Amin.

Composed by Joseph Bromehead