Hymn

ENGLISH LYRICS

Beulah, for the Lord delighted in thee. Isa.62:4

1. Far away the noise of strife
   Upon my ear is falling
   Then I know the sins of earth
   Beset on ev'ry hand
   Doubt and fear and things of earth
   In vain to me are calling
   None of these shall move me
   From Beulah land.

   I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky
   I'm drinking at the fountain that
   Never shall I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply
   For I am dwelling in Beulah land

2. Far below the storm of doubt upon the world is beating
   Sons of men in battle long the enemy withstand
   Safe am I within the castle of God's world retreating
   Nothing then can reach me, ‘tis
   Beulah land.

3. Let the storm breezes blow their cry cannot alarm me
   I am safely sheltered here protected by God's hand
   Here the sun is always shining here there's naught can harm me
   I am safe for ever in Beulah land

4. Viewing here the works of God, I sink in contemplation
   Hearing now His blessed voice I see the way is planned
   Dwelling in the spirit, here I learn of full salvation
   Gladly will I tarry in Beulah land.
Amen.

YORUBA LYRICS

Beulah nitori inu Oluwa dun si O. Isa. 62:4.

1. Mo n gburo iji ti nja li ona jinjin rere 
   Mo si mo pe ese ndan ni wo ni aye yi 
   Iye meji at’eru ko le pami lara mo 
   Wonyi ko le mu mi kuna Beulah. 

   Mo ngbe ni ori oke, gbogbo ‘danwo 
   si fo lo (yin Krist’), 
   Mo nmu n’ibi orisun ti ko le gbe titi, 
   Mo nje ounje na t’ise Manna lati oke orun waa 
   Nitori mo ngbe nile Beulah. 

2. Mo jinna s’ibiti iyemeji ndamu aye, 
   Nibiti ota ngbogun ti omo eniyan; 
   Mo ngbe lailewu li ebute oro Olorun, 
   Ko s’ewu ‘tori mo ngbe ni Beulah. 

3. Bo ti wu ki iji le to, eru ko le ba mi, 
   Owo Olorun li abo to daju fun mi; 
   Nibe l’orun nran titi, ko si ifoya fun mi 
   Ko s’ewu ‘tori mo ngbe ni Beulah. 

4. ‘Gbati mo nwo ‘se Olorun okan mi wariri 
   Mo ngb'ohun ife Re pe On lo nseto fun mi, 
   Emi Re nfihan mi pe igbala didun l’eyi 
   Uno fi ayo gbe ni ile Beulah. 
Amin.

Composed by C. Austin Mites