Hymn

 ENGLISH LYRICS: Jesus, I my cross have taken

But what things were gain to me those I counted loss for Christ. Phil. 3:7

1. Jesus, I my cross have taken,

 All to leave, and follow Thee;
 Destitute, despis'd, forsaken,
 Thou from hence my All shalt be:
 Perish every fond ambition,
 All I've sought, or hop'd, or known,
 Yet how rich is my condition!
 God and Heav'n are still my own!

2. Man may trouble and distress me,
 'Twill but drive me to Thy breast;
 Life with trials, hard may press me,
 Heav'n's will bring me sweeter rest!
 Oh! 'tis not in grief to harm me,
 While Thy love is left to me!
 Oh! 'twere not in joy to charm me,
 Were that joy unmixed with Thee!

3. Take, my soul, thy full Salvation,
 Rise o'er sin and fear and care;
 Joy to find in every station,
 Something still to do or bear,
 Think what Spirit dwells within thee!
 What a Father's smile is thine!
 What a Saviour died to win thee!
 Child of Heav'n, shouldst thou repine?

4. Haste then on from grace to glory,
 Arm'd by faith, and wing'd by pray'r,
 Heav'n Eternal Day's before thee,
 God's own Hand shall guide thee
 there!
 Soon shall close thy earthly mission,
 Swift shall pass thy pilgrim days,
 Hope soon change to glad fruition,
 Faith to sight and pray'r to praise.
Amen.


ENGLISH LYRICS: Jesu, mo gb’agbelebu mi

Sugbon ohunkohun ti o jasi ere fun mi, awon ni mo ti kasi ofo nitori Kristi Fili. 3:7.
1. Jesu, mo gb’agbelebu mi
   Ki nle ma to O leyin;
   Otosi at’eni egan,
   ‘Wo l’ohun gbogbo fun mi
   Bi ini mi gbogbo segbe
   Ti ero mi gbogbo pin
   Sibe, oloro ni mo je!
   T’emi ni Krist’ at’orun.

2. Eda le ma wahala mi,
   Y’o mu mi sunmo O ni;
   Idanwo aye le ba mi,
   Orun o mu ‘simi wa,
   Ibanuje ko le se nkan
   Bi ‘fe Re ba wa fun mi;
   Ayo ko si le dun mo mi
   B’iwo ko si ninu re

3. Okan mi, gba igbala re;
   Bori ese at’eru;
   F’ayo wa ni ipokipo,
   Ma sise lo, ma weyin,
   Ro t’emi t’o wa ninu Re
   At’ ife Baba si o!
   W’Olugbala t’O ku fun o
   Omo orun mase kun.

4. Nje koja lat’ ore s’ogo
   N’nu adura on ‘gbagbo;
   Ojo ailopin wa fun O,
   Baba y’o mu o de ‘be,
   Ise re l’aye fere pin
   Ojo ajo re nbuse,
   Ireti y’o pada ‘sayo,
   Adura s’orin iyin.
Amin.